2014 Construction Codes
Starting October 1, 2014, revised New York City construction codes will go into effect. In addition to changes from the established NYC Department of Buildings Code Revisions process, the 2014 Construction Codes will reflect local laws passed as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Thirteen new local laws were introduced to the 2014 codes. Below is a snapshot of some of the areas of revision:
- Administrative provisions, Buildings, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, & Plumbing
- Flood Resiliency standards
- Wind-sustaining standards
- Carbon monoxide detectors in select assembly locations
- Construction site lighting
Additional information on the 2014 Construction Codes can be viewed here.
If you need our assistance, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at (212) 563-6760. We’ll be glad to help.