Code & Zoning Analyst
FULL-TIME / ON-SITE
KM Associates of New York, Inc. provides expediting services and code & zoning consulting services to the architecture, design, and construction industries.
This position will provide zoning analyses and building code compliance reviews based on the applicable zoning regulations and building codes. Excellent communication skills and proficiency with all NYC codes, zoning resolution, memorandums, building bulletins, TPPN’s, etc. are crucial to this position.
This is a full-time (M-F, 9a-5:30p) position located onsite at the KM Associates office in Manhattan.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to perform code and zoning analysis and prepare comprehensive, detailed & professional communications with internal and external clients.
- Scopes new projects, analyzes and resolves objections.
- Prepare arguments for code and zoning determinations.
- Review plans/drawings to assist in preparation of processing forms and filings.
- Meets with DOB commissioners, attend meetings and conference calls.
- Provides support for all filings to all Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and Partners.
- Keeps abreast of new updates in code/zoning bulletins and provide updates to KM Office.
- Proper management of project budgets, billing, and deadlines.
- Ensures all billing is recorded on day of completion to the code & zoning billing file.
Knowledge and Ability
- Expert knowledge of CO requirements; all application filings and concepts of construction; building codes & zoning resolution.
- Must have a clear understanding of relationships between city agencies and, navigation of government agency websites must have a working knowledge of preparation CCD-1/ZRD-1.
- Must be proficient in NB, ALT1 and ALT 2 filings for compliance with NYC Zoning Resolution, Building Code (Prior to 68, 1968, 2008, 2014), NYC Fire Code, Multiple Dwelling Law, 2016 NYCECC.
- Must have a full understanding of how all agencies work (DOB, DOT, FDNY, DEP, Landmarks, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (written/oral) and follow-up skills are key.
- Must thrive in a team-based environment with open communication.
- Exceptional customer service disposition, trustworthy and dependable.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferably CLASS 2 – Code & Zoning Representative License; minimum CLASS 1 – Filing Representative.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org