Comprehensive Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan
Did you know that high-rise and other large buildings containing educational, hotel, malls, and assembly occupancies must have an Comprehensive Fire Safety/Emergency Action Plan? According to the NYC Fire Code, the plan should set out emergency response procedures and include the following elements:
– The designation of a Fire and Life Safety Director.
– Procedures for the reporting of an incident to emergency services.
– The response actions for each type of emergency.
– How evacuation of the occupants will occur.
– A written description of building services and life safety systems.
– A site plan showing the building assembly area(s).
– A fire safety maintenance program.
– A building information card as set out in the Fire Code [FC 401.3.4].
If you need our assistance to determine if your property requires an emergency action plan, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (212) 563-6760. We’ll be glad to help!