Project Manager in Training
KM Associates of New York, Inc., is a highly experienced team of experts providing building code & zoning law consulting, and expediting services to architects, engineers, construction professionals, developers, and building managers in the New York City metropolitan area.
We are expanding our operating structure and are actively seeking professional and personable individuals to meet the needs of our growing business. The role of Project Manager in Training will be responsible for supporting project team members with administrative functions. The right person will be organized with excellent follow-up skills and a desire to learn, understand the nature of the construction industry, and work as part of a team.
This is a full-time (M-F, 9a-5:30p) position located onsite at the KM Associates office in Manhattan.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with Project Manager in preparation of documents necessary for application filings
- Maintain excellent communication with clients (on behalf of PM)
- Attend appointments/site visits with Project Manager as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of basic CCD-1/ZRD-1
- Assist in the preparation of project matrices
- Conducts municipal agency research
- Provide support for all projects utilizing internal software and tracking reports as required to maintain projects organized and on track for completion of tasks
- Work with PM to insure all completed billable tasks are entered into internal systems and submitted on a timely basis
- Assists in the creation of long-and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Communicates with Project Manager and team members on project updates to keep project aligned with goals
Knowledge and Ability
- Utilize professionalism when dealing with co-workers and clients & be able to prepare comprehensive, detailed & professional emails
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Possesses the skill set to take execute directives and learn new processes, methods, and software
Education and Experience
- Office environment: Minimum 2 years
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Class 1 or 2 Filing Representative license (a plus)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com