KM Associates of New York, Inc., is a highly experienced team of experts who provide building code, zoning law, and expediting services to architects, engineers, construction professionals, developers, and building managers in the New York City metropolitan area.
We are expanding our operating structure and are actively seeking professional and personable individuals to meet the needs of our growing business. The right Project Manager will be organized, have experience in expediting, and be well versed in interpreting drawings and facilitating the permitting process. This position will require concise communication and high-level people skills to guide and motivate a team.
This is a full-time (M-F, 9a-5:30p) position located onsite at the KM Associates office in Manhattan.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain excellent communication with client/contractor throughout the lifespan of a project
• Manage every aspect of all application filings
• Attend appointments with plan examiners and project advocates
• Prepare basic CCD-1/ZRD-1
• Prepare project matrix & discuss with all parties (Architect, Engineer, Contractor, etc.)
• Manage & provide support for all filings and resolve any & all objections
• Utilize internal software and tracking reports as required to maintain projects organized and on track for completion of tasks
• Ensures that all completed billable tasks be submitted on the day of completion for billing
• Creates long-and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
• Communicates with team member (daily and weekly) to keep the projects aligned with Company goals
• Adjusts schedules, targets, and budgets on projects as needed
Knowledge and Ability
• Basic knowledge of building codes & zoning resolution
• Full understanding of how all agencies work (DOB, DOT, FDNY, DEP, Landmarks, etc.)
• Accountable for managing assigned multiple project workload
• Utilize professionalism when dealing with co-workers and clients & be able to prepare comprehensive, detailed & professional emails
• Fully understand NYCDOB processes and LPC forms for all New Buildings, PA, Alt 1, Alt 2, Alt3, etc.
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Must be proficient in software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
Education and Experience
• Project management: 5 years (preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
• Class 1 or 2 Filing Representative license (a plus)
• PMP Certification (highly desirable)