July 1, 2015

Tent Structures

Planning on putting up a tent as part of a special outdoor event this summer?

If a tent has a smaller area than 400 gross square feet and will be erect for less than 30 days, a permit is not required. All other tent structures require a permit. The permit process includes the lodging of an affidavit or affirmation to the commissioner’s office, with a copy being retained on the premises on which the tent is located.

The affidavit will be issued by the tent manufacturer and will attest that the fabric meets the flame retardant requirements of NFPA 701. A label will usually be superimposed onto the tent itself; however, even if this is the case, the letter will still be required.

If you need our assistance, feel free to contact us at info@kmaofny.com or call us at (212) 563-6760. We’ll be glad to help!

Previous Post All Posts Next Post